Holy Heat Wave Batman! 5 ways to keep you cool! | Events
The next couple of days are looking brutal as we go through weekend. If you are not heading to the lake or the pool this weekend, your options in staying cool are limited. After all if you stay at home, eventually is going to get boring and the book you been meaning to finish will be finished...hopefully. I have some other options to beat the heat.
1. Time to break out Rock Band! You remember that game right? You slap the bass, have your buddy plays lead guitar, your roommate who is always mad at you beating on the drums, and find someone comfortable enough to sing in front of the rest of the group. With a huge library of songs to play from the game or download, this game will last for hours. Depending on the songs that are played, this could be a family fun affair! You could even have theme parties where everyone has to dress like a rocker or the decade. Let your imagination run wild on this.
2. Say you couldn't get your band mates together and play. I got some other games to help you beat the heat. The next and final installment to the Batman movies is coming out soon. With that being said if you haven't play Batman: Arkham City, do so! The game is awesome! Faceoff with the famous Bat-Rouges, get to use all those wonderful toys, and well solve some Riddler puzzles. This game has more than enough content to last you a weekend. This game is rate for Teens and older.
Maybe you want something more....well medieval action role playing game. Let's head on over to the land of Elder Scroll: Skyrim. The game has been out for a while, and the expansion for it has just came out. Basic plot for you, you fight dragons in Viking like land. The game is beautiful to behold and well seeing a bunch go snow might help you not think how hot it is out there in the real world. You can pretty much be anything and do anything. Want to be an elf that can turn into a werewolf? Can do! Want to be an awesome blacksmith? Did that! Want to slay some dragons? Trust me.....there are plenty of dragons! The game is very open world environment and should keep you busy for days! This game does have a mature rating.
Here is a game for everyone, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit! It is a racing game, you have times to beat, races to win, and cops to avoid. Maybe you want to be a cop and bust some racers! You can. This game has been out for a while. The online play is where you will have the most fun. Cops vs. Racers!!! Racers got to get away from the cops and beat other racers to the finish line while the cops are try to wreck the racers off the road and give them a bunch of tickets! Racers have special items to help evade the cops and the cops as well have special items to help bust the racers.
3. Time to create your own soundtrack! By using Spotify, you will have the whole world of digital music at your finger tips. You can see what your friends are listening to, share music on Facebook, and best of all create your own playlists. While you’re jamming out solo, why not clean your house while you’re at it! It will help pass the time and you will get that much needed laundry washed.
4. Get some friends together and start catching up on some much needed TV shows or Movies! This can be family friendly or a themed night. It doesn't matter! With Netflix and Redbox there are plenty of good entertainment options to keep you glued to the tube! Make a party of it and break out the pizza rolls!
5. Hosting your own Wine or Beer tasting party. Have the guests bring in their favorite bottled beverage and get a couple of snacks out. Make some new friends, learn new things about old friends, or find a new favorite adult beverage!
The most important thing in beating the heat is to be social and have fun! Summer is suppose to be the best time of year and just because you are stuck inside does not mean you can't have some fun.