Earlier Thursday morning, a Huntsville child accidentally set fire to a shed while playing with a lighter.
Huntsville Fire Captain Steve Butler said that the fire could have been much more catastrophic, due to the fact that there was a fuel tank stored in the shed that could have exploded had the fire spread or intensified.
Butler also reminds families to keep a more watchful eye on your children during these summer months away from school. In this case, this refers to making sure all lighters, matches and other flammable materials are kept where little hands can't get to them.
In general, however, parents must be more dilligent in keeping tabs on where their children are and what they are doing. Any moment can be "that one moment" we all hear too often when an accident happens involving a child where the parent stepped away.