Jackson County gets grant for safe rooms | News
The Jackson County Board of Education and the Jackson County Commission will receive federal grants for the purchase and installation of tornado safe rooms.
The grants will provide 75% of the funding. The other 25% will come from local funds.
The following locations have been approved for the safe room grants:
- Bryant School
- Bridgeport Elementary
- Flat Rock School
- Bridgeport Middle School
- Earnest Pruett School
- Dutton Elementary
- Section K-12
- Paint Rock Valley
- Jackson County Parks and Recreations
- City of Bridgeport